Friday, October 16, 2015

Ty & Emily's OBX Wedding! {Hampton Roads Wedding Photography}

During my junior year of high school while sitting at lunch table with Ty, I never would have imagined that 15 years later, I would be documenting one of the most important days of his life.

Ty and I have kept in touch over the years through Facebook, and ran into each other at our high school reunion and local concerts. A few years ago, I joked with him that when he finally settled down, I'd be the one to take his engagement portraits. Fast forward to earlier this year, and Ty had been dating Emily for awhile. Jokingly, I sent him a message asking if engagement pictures were around the corner and he fessed up that they were already engaged and were just keeping it quiet. After telling me about their plans for a small, intimate Outer Banks wedding, we set a date for an engagement session.

Their session ended up being one of my favorite engagement sessions to date. There's just something about photographing a couple that you know is truly meant to be together. The love they have for each other is visible within seconds of being around them and I knew their wedding would be a special one.

Fast forward again to last month on a gloomy, dreary, 100 percent forecasted chance of rain in Manteo, North Carolina. Ty and Emily were supposed to be married by the Bodie Lighthouse but due to the potential rain and extremely high winds, they had to make the tough decision to move their ceremony indoors to their reception site. Regardless of the change in plans and less than perfect weather conditions, Ty and Emily never once let it put a damper on their celebration. They are two of the most humble, laid back, and truly genuine people that I have ever had the chance to photograph and I am so glad they gave me the opportunity to spend their day with them. 



 
 
 
 
 

Ty and Emily initially didn't want a "First Look" but knowing that we wouldn't have an opportunity for outdoor pictures of just the two them at the reception venue because of the wind, they changed their minds. The Bed & Breakfast where they were getting ready, provided the perfect covered setting and this "First Look" turned out to be one of my favorites to date!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

If you haven't seen anyone play "the shoe game," you need to youtube it! It's hilarious! 
 
 


Instead of a First Dance, Ty & Emily decided to surprise everyone with a Jimmy Fallon style "lip sync competition" and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

  

 

 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment